Our promise to you
When you visit the our office, you get a chance to interact with one of the best, most highly trained staff available in the field of obstetrics and gynecology. Our team of friendly, informative individuals will take the time to care and listen, which is why our patients keep coming back year after year.
Meet Dr. Arthur Vendola, M.D.
- Residency: GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL Washington, D.C. DEPARTMENT OF OBSTETRICS & GYNECOLOGY, July 1995-Present
- Medical School: GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE: Washington, D.C. DOCTOR OF MEDICINE, May 1995
- Undergraduate Studies: COLLEGE OF THE HOLY CROSS, Worcester, MA: BACHELOR OF ARTS IN PSYCHOLOGY, May 1990
Research Experience / Publications
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL: 1997-98 - Ongoing research project with Dr. Kerry Lewis, department of Maternal Fetal Medicine. “The Correlation of Doppler Ultrasound and Ante Natal Surveillance.”
- GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL: 1994 - First author with Dr. James Simon, Division Chief Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. "Nonlipid Effects of Estrogen Replacement on the Cardiovascular System.” Infertility and Reproductive Medicine Clinics of North America 1995.
- NIH RESEARCH FELLOW: 1992-93 - Worked with Dr. Gerald Stoner, Lab Chief of Experimental / Neurotoxicology / Neuropathology at National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. Determined the prevalence of JC virus in 35 Multiple Sclerosis patients. Techniques learned included: Tissue Preparation, PCR, Southern Blotting, DNS Hybridization, DNA Sequencing & Direct Sequencing.
- UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL CENTER: 1989-90 - Research Assistant for Dr. Salley Tarbell, PhD, Department of Surgery Pediatric Pain Study. Correlated postoperative perception of pain to type of anesthesia employed.
- INDEPENDENT RESEARCH PROJECT: 1988-90 - An investigation of mechanical and biological motion. Study explored the cognitive mechanisms in the perception of motion.
- Raymond T. Holden Award for excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology (Georgetown University): 1995
- NIH Research Fellow Award: 1992-94
- Psychology Department's Nominee for Fenwick Scholar Research Program (Highest academic / research honor Holy Cross bestows): 1990
- TAP Surgical Excellence Award
- Recipient of the Jackson County Health Care Angel Award